The People Behind Knowledge Harvesting
Knowledge Harvesting Consultants
Knowledge Harvesting, Inc. is a professional services firm and support organization for a network of Knowledge Harvesting trainers, consultants and practitioners.
Larry Todd Wilson
Larry Todd Wilson is the Founder and Director of Knowledge Harvesting, Inc.
Since 1992, Wilson has:
- Led thousands of Knowledge Harvesting sessions in which hundreds of subject matter experts entrusted Wilson with their hard-earned insights.
- Led production of 18 commercial learning software programs which are used in over 4,000 customer companies. One program was a finalist (3 out of 900+ candidates) for a 1999 Codie Award.
- Managed more than 70 client projects related to creating knowledge assets. In 1998, one project was awarded “Most Innovative Application of Knowledge Management” by the Delphi Group. Typically, client projects are related to strategic issues of knowledge architecture, knowledge capture and reuse, integral thinking, or product research and development.
- Designed and led Knowledge Harvesting workshops for dozens of knowledge management professionals.
- Designed infrastructure and launched over 80 virtual communities; captured how-to guidance about effective virtual collaboration practices.
- Authored: 38 articles; chapters for 14 different books. Delivered: 29 conference presentations.
- Fellowships, Honors:
- Adjunct Research Fellow – The Potomac Institute for Policy Studies – Center for Unconventional Thought, 2004-2006.
- Knowledge Management Advisor – The Institute for Electronics & Electrical Engineers, 2002-2005, 2009.
- Thought Leader – Ramius Corporation, 2006-2007.
- Subject Matter Expert: Knowledge Retention – American Productivity & Quality Council, 2003-2005.
- Research Fellow – INSEAD/European Institute of Business Administration: Centre for Advanced Learning Technologies, 2001-2.
- Fellow – Entovation International, 1999-2002.
Faculty Associate – Banff Executive Leadership, 2000.
Email Larry at knowledgeharvesting.com or call 931 636 8080
Pam Holloway is a Knowledge Harvesting Inc. Principal and early pioneer of Knowledge Harvesting. Pam was Knowledge Manager for Mobil R&D in the late 1990s where she discovered and applied Knowledge Harvesting. She was so taken with the program, she left Mobil to become a part of the Knowledge Harvesting team and from 1999-2001 worked with Larry Wilson to further develop and apply KH methods and tools.
From 1995-2002, Pam was a leader in the Knowledge Management field, speaking regularly at conferences across the globe and publishing frequently in a variety of KM and HR publications. Areas of expertise include cultural and behavioral issues associated with knowledge transfer, understanding and capturing tacit knowledge, and how to protect yourself from Brain Drain.
“Pam is one of the old-timers in this field. She’s had a lot of hands-on experience wrestling with the problems and opportunities of knowledge management and does a wonderful job helping others avoid the land mines. Pam has the ability to make knowledge management fun – not a word we use a lot in this industry.” –Verna Allee, author of The Knowledge Evolution and The Future of Knowledge
In 2002, Pam founded AboutPeople with husband Michael Lovas. AboutPeople is a unique training and consulting firm specializing in practical business applications of cognitive and behavioral science. Holloway’s focus is Human Dynamics – the cultural, generational, and individual psychological variables that are key to understanding customers, markets, organizations and employees.
In 2006, Pam rejoined Larry Wilson and Knowledge Harvesting Inc., blending the experience and expertise of both companies. She writes for several industry publications and has authored and co-authored a variety of books, workbooks, and white papers.
Email Pam at knowledgeharvesting.com or call 509 209 0031